My current work is centered around ensuring AI will robustly benefit humankind. I am convinced that a better understanding of robustness in deep learning and using insights from this field to improve interpretability is a promising angle on this problem - Get in touch if this sounds interesting to you!
I am grateful to be currently supported through a personal grant from the long-term future fund and appreciate the support and mentorship I receive from Andrea Iannelli at the University of Stuttgart.
Before pivoting into full-time ML research, I studied aerospace engineering at the University of Stuttgart, entered the stratosphere during my internship at NASA, and worked on autonomous soaring and asteroid exploration while employed at the Flight Mechanics and Controls lab.
I appreciate feedback, so please feel free help me improve by filling out this survey.
- Burkhart, T., Özkurt, S., Schimpf, F., and Fichter, W., “Development of a Datadriven Model for Prediction of Vibrational Discomfort in Helicopters,” VFS 2023 Forum, Link
- Özkurt, S., Burkhart, T., Schimpf, F., and Fichter, W., “The Impact of Control Augmentation and Stability System Parameters on Kinetosis of Helicopter Passengers,” VFS 2023 Forum, Link
- Schimpf, F., Notter, S., Ahmad, A., and Fichter, W., “Attention-Based Spatial Encoding for Multi Agent Coordination,” AIAA Scitech 2023 Forum, Link
- Olucak, J., Zähringer, S., Schimpf, F., and Fichter, W., “Sensor Based Motion Planner for Small Solar System Body Exploration,” AIAA Scitech 2023 Forum, Link
- Notter, S., Schimpf, F., Müller, G., and Fichter, W,. “Hierarchical Reinforcement Learning Approach for Autonomous Cross-Country Soaring,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics (2022): 1-13, Link
- Martin, M., Belien, F., Liu, B., Olucak, J., Schimpf, F., Brüggemann, T., Falke, A., Sazdovski, V., Chernykh, V., Janschek, K., Ficher, W., and Förstner, R., “Astrone - GNC for Enhanced Surface Mobilityon Small Solar System Bodies,” 11th International ESAConference on Guidance, Navigation &Control Systems, Link
- Schimpf, F., Olucak, J., and Fichter, W., “Robust Landing Site Selection for Flight over Smal Solar System Bodies,” AIAA Scitech 2022 Forum, Link
- Olucak, J., Schimpf, F., Pinchetti, F., and Fichter, W., “Energy Aware Trajectory Generation for a Novel Cometary Lander Concept,” AIAA Scitech 2022 Forum, Link
- Schimpf, F., Notter, S., Groß, P., and Fichter, W., “Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning for Thermalling in Updrafts,”AIAA Scitech 2021 Forum, Link
- Notter, S., Schimpf, F., and Fichter, W,. “Hierarchical Reinforcement Learning Approach Towards Autonomous Cross-Country Soaring,” AIAA Scitech 2021 Forum, Link
🌐 Connect with Me
- LinkedIn: Fabian Schimpf
- Twitter: @schimpffabian
- GitHub: schimpffabian
- Google Scholar: My Publications
- Research Gate: Fabian Schimpf
Last Updated: September 2023